Day 2 w/o u

Last night,
   I sat staring at a bottle of pills
Thinking of our misfortune,
   & ill will
I take out a pill as white smoke
  drifts above my head
I toss it back
   & take a sip of Remy & Red.

Feeling the burn I wonder,
    Is it over? Are we really dead?
The answer I was dying to drown
    deep down in my head
4 blunts in, 7 pills down
   Anymore drinks & ill be told to slow down
Because in my eyes you see
  the sorrow that I drown.

Maybe I didn't love enough
   Maybe I loved Love too much
Maybe it wasn't love,
    but four years of mistrust
Whatever it was,
    my heart had enough

I have to erase you;
   numb the feel
So here's 8...9...
   10...11 pills
I need another blunt
  to myself I think
Tossing back more pills
   I take another drink

Cross faded
   & sloppy drunk I rise
Walking to my car
   I know I shouldn't drive
I get behind the wheel
   start the car, let the sunroof back
Ready to go I look to my right
  & almost have a heart attack

My eyes grow hot
  my skin grows cold
Your not right next to me
   we will not grow old
A breath escapes my mouth
  & I get back out the car
Lighting another blunt, I take another pill
   stumbling back towards the bar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

Regrets