2 Naomi

This was a poem I wrote when I broke up with my high school sweetheart. I didn't know that I was in love, I was too young minded and so I let her go. I let her go for so many deeper reasons that I wouldn't figure out until I was older and would live to regret it.
This is...

2 Naomi

When we were young,
 I know I hurt you, I made mistakes.
It was years ago,
 and now your love has turned to hate.
I'm sorry,
 I know I did you wrong.
What you must understand
 is now we're grown.
The games have to stop
 either you'll be with me or you won't.
I don't want to play game anymore,
 either you love me or you don't.
And when things go wrong
 and you find yourself on the wrong side of luck
who do you call
 when tragedy's struck?
Everytime you called, I was there,
 four thousand three hundred and thirty-seven anytime minutes we talked
But you needed me,
 I bet you have no idea how much that cost.
In the past I ran away, 
 but now I've been there to help
Anytime you called I answered
 I feel I've redeemed myself.
But everyt ime I need you,
 you walk away.
Every time I need to talk
 you have nothing to say.
First you need my help,
 then you make me feel like the worse person you've ever met
But I'm better than the guy who hits you
 I bet.
When your skies were gray
 who did you run to?
When you were stuck in a rut 
 who pulled you through?
When your world was in turmoil
 I held you down?
But now that I need you
 you're nowhere to be found.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love