Looks

Looks

Looks can be deceiving,
 I know you see my smile but inside I'm grieving
Looks, yes Looks can be deceiving
 you think I'm happy just because my white teeth are gleaming?
Love, what can I say about that?
 I guess from my experience I can tell you that's not where it's at.
I once was in love you know
 I loved once and it nearly destroyed my soul
In the beginning I was in heaven
 but as time went on I was hurting 24/7
But you wouldn't be able to tell,
 that my heaven has turned into hell
I was stuck and hooked
 and you would think in love because of the way I looked
But Looks can be deceiving,
 I know you see my smile but did you know I'm greiving?
Looks, yes, Looks can be deceiving,
 you think I'm happy just because you see my white teeth gleaming
All the time I've been hurt and cried
 love put me through so much that sometimes I wish I had died.
I gave up my life
 and my dreams of having a wife
I gave up my dreams
 and for nothing, I thought you were on my team
I thought everything was good, all gravy
 but Looks can be deceiving baby
Damn, those Looks, they can be deceiving
 I know you see my smile but inside, did you know I'm grieving?
Yes, Looks can be deceiving,
 you think I'm happy because you see my white teeth gleaming?
Night after night over you I cried
 all the while inside wishing I'd die.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love