Untitled

I wrote this in an attempt to tell a story through my poetry. I didn't know what to call this one.

Untitled

It was an accident, he was only trying to protect his family.
 The man broke in with a gun wanting everything.
He did what he had to and managed to kill him cold
 and now he sits all alone in a cold cell on death row.
A tear falls from his eyes,
 as he stares up at the sky
 and says,
  "Where are you in my time of need?
     I no longer feel you
      walking with me."

It was an accident, she was trying to please him.
 Though it wasn't about sex to her, she'd submit so he feel like a man.
So she did what she had to, to make him happy
 and now she carries his seed
  and his incurable disease. 
Five minutes brought a world of pain
 she cries as her health drains.
"Am I really alone?
  Are you really there?
   Do you see me suffering?
    Do you even car?"

It was an accident, a total mistake
 the way the bullet missed her and went into his ribcage.
She'd been standing right there, and only moved for a few seconds
 when the stray bullet passed her; he was only seven
  and now her baby fights and struggles to stay alive
   She knows the Lord takes as generously as he gives.
But still the tears break through
 and she asks, "God, where are you?"

It was an accident
 God where could you be?
It was a total mistake;
 God, can you see,
It's not my fault;
 the pain down here?
It was an accident
 Do you care?
It was a mistake
 Lord please, answer me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love