Half the Price of Beauty

I wrote this because I had a lot of self-esteem issues growing up. It seemed that I was the only one because I was a guy. I'd only heard about girls have issues with how they looked so I never really said anything. I became a pretty boy and focused on my looks, everything was about how I looked. I started working out and I stopped eating and I was never really comfortable with me.

Half the Price of Beauty

I'm hungry, but I don't want to eat
I'm okay, it's just my standards I have to meet
these facial supplies make my face hurt
but they are the only thing that works
these close feel uncomfortable to me
but beauty is not what can't but can see.
I got these expensive shoes and I don't even like them
they say only girls think about this stuff, but so do men
Half the shoes I wear are not my size, they hurt my feet
but that's okay, because it's my standards I have to meet
My head is burning from all the chemicals I put in it
in the chair, I cried and almost threw a fit
I wear tank tops and short sleeves because I have to look good, even in the rain
But that's okay, because Beauty shows no Pain.
I can't and won't leave out the house until I look just right
I don't wake up looking this good though some might
I would love to one day be comfortable with me.
But not now
I have to fix my hair somehow
if people only knew 
the things I do to look good for you
it's hard trying to stay in style
people think I'm happy because the sun is in my smile
what they don't see is the inside, the rain
but that's okay, because Beauty shows no Pain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love