Heart v. Brain

Heart v. Brain


H: You just don't understand, love's a powerful thing
       nothing you can comprehend, see, you don't know the sting
        or the joy that it brings when you're with that one-

B: or the pain that you feel when the relationship is done

H: You don't understand, it's deeper than psychological
       it's something you couldn't fathom, you're way too logical
        You don't allow yourself to feel that's the problem at hand,
          emotions aren't your departments so-

B: hold up man.
      Slow down and get a hold of yourself
       stressing is bad for your health
        it's my turn to talk
         I'll do all the thinking and lace you up so you can walk
          first off what I don't understand,
           is how I control everything but the heart of a man
            I think you're being too hard on him, he doesn't wanna love her,
             but you won't let go
              your working undercover,
               messin' up his mental
                It hurts too much, this is the real
                 he told me this is something he doesn't wanna feel

H: Everything he's feeling, he's doing to himself
       if he really didn't love her he could move on to someone else
        but being cold is not the way he was taught
         feelings are surer than thoughts

B: I understand what you're sayin'
      but I feel everything in his body especially the pain
       did you know he stays up at night, he barely sleeps?
        stomachs upset and he doesn't wanna eat
         whatever it is you've proven your point, we know where it comes from
          but everything you're doing is throwing off our equilibrium
           H, be easy, take it from B
            what you're doing is crazy, it's called insanity
             we need some rest, you've gottah let go
              love is powerful but please keep your emotions under control

H: That's yo' problem always on that B.S.
       trying not to feel and blaming everything on stress
        all the good things that love brings you seem to forget
         now you tell me is that smart or stupid?
          but you need to learn to accept the good with the bad
           love is real hard work, forget everything else?
             It wasn't a problem in the beginning, now it's bad for our health
             y'all should be honored you've experienced more than some
              stop your tripping before you get an aneurysm 
               he remembers the bad along with the good, so
                now do you understand why he won't let go?
                 love makes you do things you wouldn't usually do

B: Now that's only true for you
      and that's what I'd call your bad
       I'd never intentionally make her mad
        you'll never catch me leavin' tonight
         or singing Sexy Love 'ight?
          you've never seen me So Sick

H: are you trying to clown trick?

B: Naw "H" I'm just pointing out our differences

H: and what's that B?

B: I'll never let a bitch gone and Ne-Yo me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love