God In Me

In memory of a love and friend ship I thought would forever last.

God in Me

"It's more than being a woman you see?
It's the God in me."
I looked at my sister smiling as happy as can be,
 wondering why she was so damn happy.
Her baby's daddy stopped coming around,
 everyday life beats her down.
She has to wake up early,
 get the kids ready,
  starts the food,
   gets them off to school
     go to school and work
      and then do hers and help them with their homework.
She has to pay rent,
 take them to all her doctor's appointments.
But she seems to not care
 that everywhere she looks, they're there.
There is no rest, no breaks,
 or nap to take.
She cooks and cleans;
 no food? What do you mean?
Even when nothing's in the house
 she makes sure they have food in their mouths.
Even on weekends, she has an early start
 and takes them to the park.
Full time student, full time mother,
 full time worker with help from no other.
I thought women were just strong
 but I guess I was wrong.
She says, "It's more than being a woman, it's gottah be...
 I tell you brother, it's the God in me."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love