The Things I Have 2

Today I realized that I do a lot and mostly all of the stuff I do on a daily isn't for me. Then I started thinking about those kids and people who have to do things they shouldn't have to. But they do. I've been homeless and hungry before. Does that justify me stealing? What if it was food I was stealing? It really didn't matter. I knew that it wasn't cool, but I did it. So, I thought about other kids and what they do and need to do in order to live.

The things I Have 2


I have to drop out of school, so I can take care of home. We're really starting to struggle, now that my father's gone. My mother is very sick, so I have to do this alone. But I do the things that I have to do, now that I'm full grown.

The jobs I do are very strange, I guess you can say bizarre. I go out with these men; no clients, that's what they are. They pay me for my services, better yet my time. All I do is sit there and let them speak their minds. I charge them by the hour, one fifty is my rate. Sometimes all they wanna do is talk; sometimes more after the date. In that case I raise my fees just a little bit higher, depending on the situation and what happens to transpire. My job may be lame; but I can't complain because, it pays the bills and keeps my pockets filled. But, lately it's been hard since business slowed. A few of my clients were arrested for molesting a twelve year old...
My tears form words, from the depth of my soul I write. There are no ends to my fears lurking in the night. My vision is blurry, my future ain't so bright. This ain't just a story, this is my life.

"My situation is different," I'm gone have to say. Not only are there bills but my brother's tuition to pay. He's in a special school for kids with special needs. Then there's the other three mouths I have to feed. So, I have to work, I'm very young in the game. But I've got street credit; I've already made my name. Far and wide people know all about me. My thing is if you're sad, I can make you happy. Just shoot up some of that, or pop a few of these. Sniff some of this and let your mind at ease. I go and stack mah pappah; I make my money like this. I see you what you need, I'm known as the Street Pharmacist...
I do the things I have to do in or der to thrive. There is nothing I won't do to keep my family alive. To do the things that I do, I put aside my pride. I do the things I have to do in order to survive. 

Last but not least there's me, I do things a little differently. You know a little this and that. Since I'm the oldest of seven I've had to pick up all the slack. I'm seventeen years old and we're doing just fine. I work two job; one with and one without crime. My full-time job is less than it seems, so I work part-time robbing people amongst other things. I'm slick, I'm sly, I pickpocket most guys; all for a good cause. I mean we're out here starving that's why I break the laws. It's the only thing I can do, point blank, that's all. You try being young and buying seven wardrobes this fall. I do what I have to do; my family knows I'm there. I have to keep going; I can't get caught or we'll end up in foster care...
My tears form words, from the depth of my soul I write. There are no ends to my fears lurking in the night. My vision is blurry, my future ain't so bright. This ain't just some ghetto story, this is my life.
So, I do the things I have to do in order to thrive. There is nothing I won't do to keep my family alive. To do the things that I do, I put aside my pride. I do the things I have to do, in order to survive.
I have to drop out of school, so I can take care of home. We're really starting to struggle now that my father's gone. My mother is very sick, so I have to do this alone. But I do the things that I have to because I am full grown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love