Heaven's Sonnet 1

I needed to be happy and the only way I saw that happening was with my mother. The next seven poems are my attempt at writing a sonnet and creating a story of them. The story is about #suicide and was written when I was in a state of depression I know no one around me at the time could bring me out of.
And I really didn't have the energy to try and get myself out of. I was a low place where I didn't care and really didn't want to live. But, I'd been told by my sister that I needed to find a reason. I needed to find a reason to go on, a reason to fight. My mother was my reason.
So, in an effort to see her again, to paint an everlasting picture of her and where she is, I started the projects called Heaven's Sonnet and it turned out to be an effective suicide prevention project. This poem made me think about what I had and was willing to leave and give up.
It also helped me explore what I felt in my heart my mother would want.

Heaven's Sonnet 1

A small fist full of the most deadly pills
is what I decided to throw in my mouth,
and now I am lying perfectly still
as my mind's consciousness fades in and out.
For me, life was just a little too much.
So much so that I could no longer bear
life without my mother's soft and sweet touch
and unconditional tender love and care.
And so now i have given it all up.
So, I'm ending it all this way;
I lay down never again to get up.
Darkness comes as I slowly fade.
Everything goes darker than the blackest night,
then out of the darkness comes a bright light...
To Be Continued...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love