Booty Call

Booty calls, booty calls, booty calls. Well, I could start an entire blog on that topic alone. The vast majority of us have had booty calls and have dealt with the drama one a booty call brings. To me booty calls differ from person to person, gender, age, sexual maturity as well as culture. Some people might not have had a booty call but they were booty calls. Regardless, we all know what a booty call and a one night stand is.
And thus, I give you..

Booty Call

He was supposed to be nothing
just a quickie; not a friend.
He was supposed to be nothing but a one night stand.
He was supposed to be nothing,
nothing at all.
He was supposed to be nothing but a booty call.
But I underestimated him and the powers that be.
He opened my eyes and stole a smile from me.
"You are beautiful," he said he had to confess.
He told me I was sexy, he said, "The fucking best."
He told me things no one else would,
and slowly I felt he was too good.
The smile he stole,
Lied.
The smile I sold,
was a disguise.
But I didn't care, he was nothing,
and I mean nothing to me.
I would never see him again,
he was just a one night stand;
a quickie.
But then it got complicated whe he found my laugh,
he made me feel things I never have.
He kissed away some of the ice
and took me from this painful life
to a place of happiness, where I could be myself.
But I couldn't forget I belonged to someone else.
Still, I yearned to be with him just the same.
So I continued to smile and hide the pain.
It didn't matter anyway,
he was nothing but fun.
He wouldn't last for the long run.
But something went wrong
he's the tricky part.
He reached down and touched my heart.
I couldn't understand whe he wanted me,
so slowly I began running.
Hiding my life and what I go through,
I started closing doors and not letting him through.
I hid my pain behind a beautiful smile
because he'd be gone in a little while.
But strong he did stand 
just like a good man.
One I didn't deserve though I acted the part
He reached right down and touched my heart
bringing back to life what was once dead.
Building me and raising my head.
I knew that we couldn't be
and that's what was saddening
But, I could not deny the truth.
I slipped, I said, "I love you."
And that was when he flinched, he went and cracked.
he glimpsed my life and took a started to fall back.
And so, it all began
we became something like friends.
But it's okay he was nothing, a quickie not a friend.
He was, well, just a one night stand.
He was nothing, and I mean nothing at all.
He was nothing but a booty call.
But still I picture in my mind a place in time where we could be.
A place in time when he'd say, he loved me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love