Peer Pressure

Today I was watching the Bad Girls Club and one of them said something about bullying that made me think. I am small so of course I've encountered many a bully but I don't think I have ever been bullied. I started to think about smoking and weed and the people I were around and what they did. I never went with the flow or with the crowd and I've only done what I've wanted when I've wanted. Such as weed, I didn't try it until I was 21. I guess I'm a late, LOL. But, I decided to write a poem hoping I could relate to those who had been bullied, who had been peer pressured. And I threw drugs in there because I've heard about weed being a gateway drug and the cycle the drugs seem to perpetuate.
This is what came out...

Peer Pressure

"Go ahead and try it," he says.
But my mind says No, instead.
"Take it it's good for you."
I know in my head that's not true.
But how can I say, "No"?
It's just a little tobacco...

He says, "Take some of this, it's okay."
My mind says, Drop the cigarettes and walk away.
"Here take it, you know you want to be cool."
I shouldn't be here, I should be in school.
Yet and still, the warning signs I don't heed.
I mean, what could it hurt? It's just a little weed...

"Hey have you tried some of this?" he asks.
My mind says RUN! but I stay and relax.
"It's really good. It takes you to a new place," he grunts.
I feel like a robot when I pick up the pipe and dropped the blunt.
It's not like it will end in death.
I mean come on it's my first time smoking meth...

He told me it looked painful, but it causes no harm.
My mind says, Don't stick that needle in your arm.
Then he starts to shake without a word.
I dropped the pipe and Go! Get help! was all I heard.
But I was too high, my friend was gone.
Then again what kind of friends ask you to shoot up heroin?
You know the only thing about it that's a real stressor,
is the fact that I was weak enough to succumb to peer pressure..
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love