Sleeping with the Enemy

This was a very controversial poem for me and some people reading it. This poem is entitled Sleeping with the Enemy and it's not what it seems at first glance.

Sleeping with the Enemy

We live in the same space, we sleep in the same bed;
stuck in the same place, must I repeat what I said?
His eyes are brown and his head is bald,
he's an angel sent down, he's muscular and tall.
Some would call me the devil for tempting such a being,
some would call me evil for doing what I'm doing.
I left a woman at home, she was sexy and cute.
I left her all alone though she loves my dirty boots.
She told me she'd always be there and I told her so would I
She said she'd always care, now alone I cry.
I tried to resist temptation and I tried to keep myself from sin.
I'd hate to keep her waiting seeing the situation I'm in.
I'm sleeping with evil, I'm sleeping with the enemy.
I'm sleeping with the devil, I'm sleeping with me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love