Unborn Child

I love children and I've always wanted to have them. But as I get older, I have to rethink it. I'd rather not continue this family's name. I'd rather not bring a child into a world of unloved people. What if something happens to me? I would never want them going to the people I have as a family. Not one of them. I would never want to bring them into a world where they're lives do not matter. #blacklivesmatter
I don't want to bring a child into a world that doesn't want them. A world that kills them and continues moving like nothing happened. So, I decided to speak to my child, my...

Unborn Child

I wish you love, peace and the best
and I pray you don't follow in my footsteps.
I have an education which is good
especially growing up in the hood.
I've learned its value and moved on to college 
fueled by my need for knowledge.
So, I can't let you go through what I went through.
My mother died when I was young, she was my world
and I have a sister who has a little boy and a girl.
I'm writing this
because you will never exist.
I'd never bring you into a world filled with hate,
I'd never curse you with this fate.
And I know understanding this will be hard to take
but I feel it'll be harder suffering my mistakes.
See, life is a blessing and a curse all in one,
and at times too much to bare my son.
Although this situation may seem unfair.
Please don't ever think Daddy don't care
I just can't bare to see you cry in pain
It's killing me to think of the first time you say my name.
It pains me to know I'll never see you
but I won't let you go through what I went through
It may make you angry that either way you'll never know me
but please believe all I want is for you to be safe and happy.
I just want you to have a fair chance
and not be a victim of circumstance.
See, I hope you understand, ignorance is bliss
little man I'm so sorry you can never exist.
But, if by happenstance you do, I pray every night you don't follow in my footsteps.
And I wish you love, peace, happiness and the best...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love