Doctor Says

I wrote this poem when I was sixteen. I just saw it and remember where I was when I wrote it. I remember the place physically, mentally and emotionally. I read the poem and realized that this is still going on and all because of my so called family. More than one time I have been at the brink of suicide. I remember writing this when I was sitting in a doctors office because I'd finally been convinced I was crazy. I'd finally been convinced that I needed medication because I didn't want to feel like this anymore. I didn't want to feel like no one loved me and that I wasn't part of a family.
But, in the end not even the medication could dull the pain...

Doctor Says

"Take one, three times a day," that's what the doctor would say.
But he doesn't care that 's not why he's there.
He's there to get his drugs, they ease the pain. They calm his nerves and take away the rain.
"Be sure to take care," the doctor would say. "And remember, one, three times a day."
He knows what he's doing, he doesn't need his cooing.
All he needs is his drugs, so he could keep a smile on his mug,
or maybe, just wipe himself out.
He'd only need half the bottle no doubt.
And maybe he would since he could.
"Take one, three times a day," that's what the doctor would say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love