Tell Me Why

This was a poem based on my a relationship I was in. I was feeling like Mary J. in this one lol...

Tell Me Why

Seven years of loyalty,
seven years of faith,
seven years of me,
seven years of hate.

I gave you everything you'd want and need, I gave you every little bit of me. What's mine was yours, what's yours was mine. But I found over time my love was blind.

Seven years of faith.
But your lust was fake
and your love was hate.

It took some time, but now, I'm fine. It's in my mind, I know that child isn't mine. For seven years you've cheated, you up and beat it and left me defeated. You took all of me and I gave you everything. Even a child that isn't mine. These tears are falling down, dripping from my heart staining the ground. 

But I guess it'll all heal with time.

Can you tell me why?
Did he hit it from the back?
Did you like it like that?
I don't know.
Did he lick it from the front?
Something I wouldn't have done?

Maybe it was lust,
maybe it was me,
maybe it was us.
Maybe we shouldn't be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love