Nothing Compares

Nothing Compares

Why do I keep thinking about you?
 am I cursed with visions of what we could have been?
Growing old, just us two
 flashes through my mind over and over again.
I can't get you out of my head, 
 my soul tells me we were meant to be.
Crimson tears stain the bed,
 where it use to be you and me.
I wish my tears would wash away the memories
 but they only stain them in my mind. 
They're all I see,
 frozen clearly in time.
I know this is insane, 
 believe me, I wanna let go.
But my heart controls the rain,
 making it impossible to get through the inferno.
Hell's fire cannot compare to the heat
 my tears cause when they burn the sheets.
Tears as thick and red as blood
 would put to shame the world's largest flood.
Not even all the water in the ocean
 can compare to the tears I drown in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love