How?

This was a duet poem between two people in a creative writing class. The book I wrote this for is called 40 days and 40 nights. The two people were brought in front of the class and given a word. They were supposed to just speak in rhymes as a warm up. The teacher called the two up and said...

How?

Woman:
Cooking, cleaning; doing what i can
 just to be a part of his world.
Working, slaving; all for that man,
 who i've made my world.
But he doesn't understand
 he sees right through me,
  tears burn my skin
   when he says he loves me...
How?
How can I love someone,
 who's heart's not free?
How can I love someone,
 who won't care?
How can I love someone,
 who's never there?
How?

Man:
Occasionally,
 he cheats on you.
Periodically, 
 he hits you.
Really,
 he acknowledges nothing you do.
Technically,
 he don't love you.
So how?
How can you love someone
 who's not moved by your tears?
How do you love anyone
 you fear?
How can you love the one,
 who's love's not true?
How can you love someone
 who don't love you?

He cares for me...
 Really?
We were meant to be...
 I see...
He loves me
 in sickness and in health-
You trying to convince me
 or yourself?
How?
How can I love someone 
 emotionally hard?
How can you love the one
 who breaks your heart?
How can you love him
 so blindly?
How can I love someone
 who don't love me?
True,
 how do you love someone 
  who don't love you?
How?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love