Goodbye

This is one of them it's hard to say goodbye poems. I began thinking back at all the people I should have said goodbye too and their exits in my life. Like, if I had told my ex-girlfriend goodbye then she wouldn't have gotten hurt. If I had told her goodbye then maybe we'd still be friends or at most together. Same with some friendships I've had to end. If I had left and bowed out gracefully then we'd still at least be cordial.
I thought with the passage of time that I started saying goodbye. I figured though saying goodbye would hurt it was the lease painful. So, in the spirit of goodbyes here is...

Goodbye

I've never told anyone goodbye
my mom died and I still hold her inside
I can't bring myself to part with her memory
even at high tide

when the storm beats at my door
tears run down my face
goodbye is something I can't say
something I can't face

so when the time comes
for someone to leave
I just nod my head
and silently grieve

I've never said to anyone goodbye
when my dad left, I was stone faced
I kept to myself
and retreated to my quiet place 

when the winds howled
and the ocean crashed against the rocks
I take a deep breath
knowing the storm would never stop

so when the time comes 
for an extended time away
I put away the memories
and never again think of the day

I've never said so much as goodbye
when the love of my life took my heart
I just smiled
and vowed to a new start

but scars weren't fading
the wounds wouldn't heal
the blood kept running
and I'm hurting still

so when it comes
to not seeing someone anymore
I love away the memory
behind a steal door

I've never said goodbye
my heart won't let me
it keeps telling my mind 
I'll see you again you see

but now I need to move on
I need the storm to subside
so I'm gonna start with you
this is my goodbye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love