Lord Please

One day I was at work thinking about that special someone. I wanted to write another love poem, just to make sure the first one was a mistake. This one I decided to make more personal than anything. I wanted it to be a poem where I was talking and telling someone what I felt. I wanted it to be a love poem from me to the one that I loved. And so I wrote...

Lord Please

When I was five,
  I asked God for a friend.
Instead, he sent me an enemy
  and said he'd be the best friend to me.
When I was nine,
  I prayed for a video game.
He sent me a book,
  and said it'd be worth a second look.
When I was twelve,
  I wished I could have a super power.
God gave me knowledge
  and said, "You'll find your power in college."
When I was seventeen,
  I pleaded for my mother's life.
But he took her away from me,
  and said, "Her suffering for your happiness is how it must be."
When I was twenty-one,
  faith dwindling, I prayed for an angel.
I told him anything would do,
  but instead of an angel he sent me you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love