A Place

This poem was to a book I was writing called Sincerely Yours. This was the letter the little boy wrote to his mother.

A Place

Dear Momma,
 By the time you read this, I'll be gone. I left all my things to move on to a place, where? I don't know. But I do know my things can't go.
 This place I speak of you can only bring yourself and everything else will be given to those who need help. And I'll be with people who care, I hear we have a lot of family there, and I'm sure they will take care of me, and teach me how to love freely. I shall have my home amongst them. There is peace and no problems; I won't have to worry what people will think. I won't have to worry about what I'll drink or what I'll eat and there is no need to sleep. Everybody knows who everybody is and it's never sun-less; it's always shining and momma, there is no crying. There is no such thing as hurt and pain; never again will I have to see the rain. And if you ever see me again, I won't be ther same man. They say when I'm there people see my soul, the real me and that my soul will look different and I'll have a new body. Momma you gottah believe me, I'll be happy. The moon and the stars will shine under my feet twenty-four seven. I think the place I'm talking about is called heaven.
 
                                                                                                                        Love, Son 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love