We Changed

We Changed

I remember in the first days, 
I felt you loved me
And i felt special and free
my heart was not weighed down by the sadness and depression of my life
all I could think about was us, and sharing my life
When we were together, I was lost in a world of love and trust
When we were together, I was lost in a world of just us
I don't know what happened to us
Was it all just fake puppy love and lust?
My love, I remember when you use to care
I remember a time when this was fair.
but I guess it can't always be peace in paradise right?
our love changed it seems like overnight
try as hard as I might, I was overwhelmed by the fight to tear our love apart
I let everything and everyone come in and change my heart
now we argue and have regrets 
back then I was in love and your heart was mines
now we hurt one another by saying things we will soon regret
our love use to be heaven set
now you care what other people may think of our love
because it use to be sent from above
now I push you back and move away
in the beginning I never debated whether to stay
I love you
I just want my friend back; what do we do?
the change has affected our love, our hearts, and our soul
what was it that changed us and took our glow?
we can't let them win
we some soldiers we can rise again
but until I unite with my love again, my heart will be vacant
cold, lonely, and turning ancient

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love