What If?

I wrote this after a break up with one of my ex-girlfriends and high school sweetheart when I was sixteen. I was just writing in my notebook and this came out. I was hurt and I wanted to try and write it.

What If?


What if I started as your friend?
 What if I wasn't scared?
Would I still be your man?
What if I didn't lie?
 What if I told the truth?
Would you have still said goodbye?
What if I treated you right?
 What if I acted like I cared?
Would you be here tonight?
What if I treated you better?
 What if I listened to your cries?
Would we still be together?
What if I didn't let them come between us?
 What if I was there?
Would love be enough?
What if I apologized?
 What if I told you I love you?
Would we be able to compromise?
What if I picked up the phone?
 What if I wiped your tears?
Would I still be alone?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love