Different Perceptions

I don't know what I was going through when I wrote this. I was thirteen years old and trying to take a crack at rhyming...

Different Perceptions 


You look at me, what do you see?
 A good-looking young man who speaks intelligently
 A nice young man who loves to learn
  who is fair and compassionate and show love and concern
You see trustworthy, an upstanding, honest young man?
 Someone who loves his family and has many friends?

That's not what I see.
 When I look in the mirror I see the complete opposite.
 I don't think I look anywhere near good.
 Intelligent? I grew up in the hood where education is no good
 whatever, I ain't it
 Understanding and loving I don't see anywhere.
But I'm not trippin', I don't even care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6

Love

My Lil' Story 'bout Love